[openstack-dev] [trove] Confused about nova_proxy_admin_* settings

Nikhil Manchanda nikhil at manchanda.me
Wed Jan 21 16:55:32 UTC 2015

Hi Mark:

It's been a little while since I looked at this last, but as I recall these
values seem
to be used and needed only by the trove taskmanager. If you have support
for
metering messages turned on, this account gets used to look up instance
details
when sending periodic metering messages to an AMQP exchange.

These aren't needed on the guest-agent, and that's probably the reason why a
non-existing value of "radmin" seems to work. The fact that this exists in
the guest
configuration as well is probably a bug and should be cleaned up.

Cheers,
Nikhil