[openstack-dev] Notification Schemas ...

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 02:47:03 UTC 2015

On 01/18/2015 04:39 PM, Sandy Walsh wrote:
> Hey y'all
>
> Eddie Sheffield has pulled together a strawman set of notification
> schemas for Nova and Glance. Looks like a great start for further
> discussion. He's going to add JSON-Schema validation next as a form
> of unit test. Then I guess we have to start thinking about a library
> to digest these and help us build validated notifications.
>
> Please have a peek. Bend, spindle, mutilate as required. Pull
> requests welcome.
>
> (we also have to figure out where it's going to live, this is just a
> parking spot)
>
> https://github.com/StackTach/notification-schemas

Thanks Sandy! And thanks Eddie for putting together the strawman!

Some important things that I see are missing, so far... please let me
know what your thoughts are regarding these.

1) There needs to be some method of listing the notification "codes". By
"code", I mean "compute.instance_create.start", or possibly the CADF
event codes, which I believe I recommended way back a-when the original
ML thread started.

2) Each notification message payload must contain a version in it. We
need some ability to evolve the notification schemas over time, and a
version in the payload is a pre-requisite for that.

All the best,
-jay