[openstack-dev] Notification Schemas ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jan 19 12:53:31 UTC 2015

Thanks Jay, good feedback.

Comments inline ...

The "title" contains the event name
https://github.com/StackTach/notification-schemas/blob/master/nova/compute-instance-create-end.json#L4
but perhaps a wider CADF-like category would be good. And
we should have a close eye on ensuring we're capturing the broadest
CADF attributes now.

That said, CADF and schemas are complimentary. Once we have the
existing data mapped we should be able to determine which parts fit in
the CADF envelope directly and which parts need to go in the
"attachment" part (which will still need a separate schema definition). These
attachments could lead the way to changes to the core CADF spec. The
CADF team has stated they're receptive to that.

The notification driver can output the desired wire protocol.

> 2) Each notification message payload must contain a version in it.
> We need some ability to evolve the notification schemas over time,
> and a version in the payload is a pre-requisite for that.

Agreed. I suspect we'll be adding a common object to
https://github.com/StackTach/notification-schemas/blob/master/nova/objects.json
which will contain all that version stuff. Next round for sure.
This was just to capture what we have now.