[openstack-dev] [heat][tripleo] Making diskimage-builder install from forked repo?

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Jan 8 17:52:14 UTC 2015

Hi

> On 8 Jan 2015, at 17:37, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure there's a way to make DiB do this, but don't know what, anyone
> able to share some clues?  Do I have to hack the elements, or is there a
> better way?
>
> The docs are pretty sparse, so any help would be much appreciated! :)

We do have a mechanism for overriding the git sources for things, but os-*-config don't use them at the moment, they either install from packages or pip. I'm not sure what the rationale was for not including a git source for those tools, but I think we should do it, even if it's limited to situations where the procedure for overriding sources is being followed.

(The procedure that should be used is the DIB_REPO* environment variables documented in diskimage-builder/elements/source-repositories/README.md)

So, for now I think you're going to be stuck hacking the elements, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Chris