[openstack-dev] [heat][tripleo] Making diskimage-builder install from forked repo?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 17:37:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to test a fedora-software-config image with some updated
components.  I need:

- Install latest master os-apply-config (the commit I want isn't released)
- Install os-refresh-config fork from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145764

I can't even get the o-a-c from master part working:

export PATH="${PWD}/dib-utils/bin:$PATH"
export
ELEMENTS_PATH=tripleo-image-elements/elements:heat-templates/hot/software-config/elements
export DIB_INSTALLTYPE_os_apply_config=source

diskimage-builder/bin/disk-image-create vm fedora selinux-permissive \
  os-collect-config os-refresh-config os-apply-config \
  heat-config-ansible \
  heat-config-cfn-init \
  heat-config-docker \
  heat-config-puppet \
  heat-config-salt \
  heat-config-script \
  ntp \
  -o fedora-software-config.qcow2

This is what I'm doing, both tools end up as pip installed versions AFAICS,
so I've had to resort to manually hacking the image post-DiB using
virt-copy-in.

Pretty sure there's a way to make DiB do this, but don't know what, anyone
able to share some clues?  Do I have to hack the elements, or is there a
better way?

The docs are pretty sparse, so any help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Steve