[openstack-dev] [infra] [cinder] CI via infra for the DRBD Cinder driver

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:37:52 UTC 2015

On 24 February 2015 at 02:00, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> writes:
>
> To be clear, I think any policy that says that drivers must have
> "third-party CI" is an oversight.  I believe that it's fine to require
> them to have "CI", but if the CI can be provided by infra, it should be.
> I believe this misunderstanding comes from the fact that most
> out-of-tree drivers require specialized hardware, or non-free software,
> that can not be run in our system.

>From a cinder PoV, we don't care if infra is running the CI or somebody
else, it's all good. I think things are slightly less clear when jenkins is
running a mix of gating and none gating jobs, and it is slightly harder for
cinder core to know where to go to get a faulty CI job turned off, but I
believe infra can manage the latter concern.

So yeah, if infra are happy hosting the DRDB ci, then great.