[openstack-dev] [infra] [cinder] CI via infra for the DRBD Cinder driver

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Tue Feb 24 06:26:10 UTC 2015

> >  * Is it okay to setup another apt-repository during the devstack run,
> >    to install the needed packages? I'm not sure whether our servers
> >    would simply be accessible, some firewall or filtering proxy could
> >    break such things easily.
> It is not ok in a gating job to do that but that isn't your intention so
> should be fine. That said, isn't drbd available in existing apt/yum
> repos? What special sauce do you need to pull in?
Well, neither DRBDmanage nor DRBD 9 (which have an 0.21 resp. an rc1 out
now) are stable yet, and so are not yet available in any upstream
repository.

We can either provide an apt repository or put the needed .debs into some
location, to have them installed during the devstack run.

I guess the later option is better because it won't have issues with
firewalls, proxies, etc., and we will only provide versions that proved
more-or-less stable anyway - there's no need to change these that often,
I guess that once every two weeks or so is a good approximation.

--
: Ing. Philipp Marek
: DRBD/HA support and consulting                 http://www.linbit.com :