[openstack-dev] [qa][swift] Signature of return values in tempest swift client

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 22:15:06 UTC 2015

Almost all of the OpenStack REST apis return little of user value in the
response headers, with json bodies containing the returned data. The
tempest client methods had been returning two values with one always
being ignored. To clean that up before moving the service clients to
tempest-lib, we changed the client methods to return one value instead
as recorded in this blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/clients-return-one-value.

This is mostly done except for swift. Swift is different in that most
interesting data is in the headers except for GET methods, and applying
the same methodology as the others does not make sense to me. There are
various ways the swift client could be changed to return one value, or
it could be left as is. I am soliciting proposals from those most
interested in the swift tests. If there is no input or consensus on how
this should be changed, I will leave the swift client as-is and close
the blueprint.

  -David