[openstack-dev] [qa][swift] Signature of return values in tempest swift client

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 22:29:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:15 PM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> Swift is different in that most interesting data is in the headers except
> for GET methods, and applying the same methodology as the others does not
> make sense to me. There are various ways the swift client could be changed
> to return one value, or it could be left as is.

Can you point to the relevant implementation?

FWIW, we've found in swiftclient that's it's been extremely restrictive to
return tuples and in retrospect would have preferred either a (status,
headers, body) signature (which unfortunately leaves a lot of interesting
parsing up to the client) or something more like a dictionary or
"SwiftResponse" that as described in the spec has properties for getting at
interesting values - and most importantly allow for future additive changes.

It sounds like you're on the right track trying to make clients return a
single "value" (or a dict or something) - I'm tertiarily curious with what
you come up.

-Clay