[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? Feb 6 2014

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Feb 6 14:44:45 UTC 2015

News from docland, here we go.

Take a minute to click over to http://docs.openstack.org to see the new
landing page! Refresh to see even more characters added to the docs. :)

The openstackdocstheme, a Sphinx theme that replicates the www.openstack.org
header for docs content pages in RST, is released and ready to go as soon
as it lands in the global requirements [1]. We have the Ying Chun Guo and
the i18N team engaged on the translation toolchain, thank you Daisy! I
would like some help on javascript bugs: http://is.gd/2R2XY4 if you are so
inclined.

I would also like help migrating the End User Guide and Admin User Guide to
RST. Please sign up on the wiki at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Migrate. I'm documenting my
findings as I go, and sometimes we will have to revise the text so the
markup works. Case in point, I couldn't get numbered list continuation to
work with [2]. I also cannot get embedded .. note: directives to work
between numbered list items with [3]. I also found that you can't have line
breaks in something with inline semantic markup like :guilabel:. If you are
an RST/Sphinx wizard, please take a look!

We have a long list of bugs for the Debian Install Guide, resulting in not
being able to launch an instance. If you're interested, please take a look
at the list at [4] and triage. I'm going to dive deeper into the root
problems in the relevant thread for more discussion so stay tuned to [5].

APAC meeting every other Wednesday is looking to move to an earlier time
slot. Reply on the thread if you have an opinion on the wee morning hours
of Universal Time. Thank you Lana for reviving those!

We merged 72 patches across all the docs repos this past week, nice work.
That fixed over 20 bugs with backports also improving previously-released
docs.

The HA Guide team met this week and they're going to start editing the
Install Guides to point to the HA Guide to add higher availability to
installations. Read their notes at [5].

Thanks all for the hard work this week, let's keep it up as the kilo-2
milestone just passed yesterday (2/5).
Anne

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153237/
2. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152582/