[OpenStack-docs] Results from installation of OpenStack on Debian

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:21:09 UTC 2015

Over the weekend, I attempted to install OpenStack Juno core services
(keystone, glance, nova, and neutron) on Debian Wheezy using the Juno
installation guide. I could not obtain an operational environment (i.e.,
successfully launch an instance) by exclusively using configuration
generated by Debconf (and associated tools) or after fixing/augmenting the
configuration with existing manual steps in the guide (primarily networking
content). I opened the following bugs describing my observations:

http://tinyurl.com/ooccchh

Thomas (zigo) and I briefly discussed a few of these issues on IRC, but I'm
documenting them all for tracking purposes.

I'm stepping away to focus on the networking guide content.