[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Merge Freeze for cutting stable/8.0 branch

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 24 02:14:25 UTC 2015

Hi, here is the status update:

- we created stable/8.0 branch in all repositories;
- Fuel CI [1] is updated with 8.0 triggers and jobs, fuel-library
tests are working on pre-SCF ISO image still;
- 8.0 ISO builds are switched to stable/8.0 branch, see [2] for the first run;
- development focus in Launchpad has been switched to mitaka(9.0) series [3]

If you file a bug for 8.0 release, please make sure you explicitly
target it to 8.0.x series additionally to the mitaka series which it
gets by default.

Remaining tasks:

  due to several issues caused by pre-SCF merge rush, we don't yet
have a working ISO for version bumps patches [4]

Therefore we are still in Merge Freeze, as we need to stabilize master
before moving forward.

Latest blocker for the merge - inconsistent 9.0 mirrors. Build team
will look into it, and I'll post an update with more information.

[1] https://ci.fuel-infra.org
[2] https://ci.fuel-infra.org/view/ISO/job/8.0-community.all/185/console
[3] https://launchpad.net/fuel/mitaka
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:8.0-scf