[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Evolving the stadium concept

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:30:30 UTC 2015

On 2 December 2015 at 01:16, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Armando M. wrote:
> >> One solution is, like you mentioned, to make some (or all) of them
> >> full-fledged project teams. Be aware that this means the TC would judge
> >> those new project teams individually and might reject them if we feel
> >> the requirements are not met. We might want to clarify what happens
> >> then.
> >
> > That's a good point. Do we have existing examples of this or would we be
> > sailing in uncharted waters?
>
> It's been pretty common that we rejected/delayed applications for
> projects where we felt they needed more alignment. In such cases, the
> immediate result for those projects if they are out of the Neutron
> "stadium" is that they would fall from the list of official projects.
> Again, I'm fine with that outcome, but I want to set expectations clearly
> :)

Understood. It sounds to me that the outcome would be that those projects
(that may end up being rejected) would show nowhere on [1], but would still
be hosted and can rely on the support and services of the OpenStack
community, right?

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/

> > That said, I didn't see you comment on the
> > possible introduction of neutron-relevant tags, is something that the TC
> > would be open to?
>
> Totally. We've been pondering "support/relationship" tags (describing
> which project has a horizon UI, or a devstack plugin, or...) for a while
> now. Boris had one in mind for Rally (to describe projects that have a
> Rally profile). We'd likely need to bikeshed on names and colors, but I
> think the idea of describing project relationships using tags is a
> well-accepted one.

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Cheers,
Armando