[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Evolving the stadium concept

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Dec 2 09:16:28 UTC 2015

Armando M. wrote:
>> One solution is, like you mentioned, to make some (or all) of them
>> full-fledged project teams. Be aware that this means the TC would judge
>> those new project teams individually and might reject them if we feel
>> the requirements are not met. We might want to clarify what happens
>> then.
>
> That's a good point. Do we have existing examples of this or would we be
> sailing in uncharted waters?

It's been pretty common that we rejected/delayed applications for
projects where we felt they needed more alignment. In such cases, the
immediate result for those projects if they are out of the Neutron
"stadium" is that they would fall from the list of official projects.
Again, I'm fine with that outcome, but I want to set expectations clearly :)

> That said, I didn't see you comment on the
> possible introduction of neutron-relevant tags, is something that the TC
> would be open to?

Totally. We've been pondering "support/relationship" tags (describing
which project has a horizon UI, or a devstack plugin, or...) for a while
now. Boris had one in mind for Rally (to describe projects that have a
Rally profile). We'd likely need to bikeshed on names and colors, but I
think the idea of describing project relationships using tags is a
well-accepted one.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)