[openstack-dev] [neutron][bgpvpn]

Mathieu Rohon mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:35:33 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The current bgpvpn implementation is using the service type framework, with
a service plugin and one or more service providers.

After registering the bug [1], I wonder if we would rather use a service
plugin per implementation type (bagpipe, ODL, OpenContrail, Nuage...) which
handles API calls, instead of having one service plugin which forwards API
calls to a service driver depending on the provider chosen by the end user.

I would like to better understand what would be the main drawbacks of such
a move apart from the fact that a deployment would be tightly coupled to a
bgpvpn plugin, and multiple implementations of the plugin couldn't coexist.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]https://bugs.launchpad.net/bgpvpn/+bug/1485515