[openstack-dev] [Fuel] glusterfs plugin

Sergey Kulanov skulanov at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 2 13:46:34 UTC 2015

Hi, Przemyslaw

1) There should be two repositories folders. Please check the correct
structure (marked with bold):
mkdir -p repositories/{ubuntu,centos}

root at 55725ffa6e80:~/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp# tree
.
|-- LICENSE
|-- README.md
|-- cinder_netapp-1.0.0.fp
|-- deployment_scripts
|   |-- puppet
|   |   `-- plugin_cinder_netapp
|   |       `-- manifests
|   |           `-- init.pp
|   `-- site.pp
|-- environment_config.yaml
|-- metadata.yaml
|-- pre_build_hook

*|-- repositories|   |-- centos|   `-- ubuntu*`-- tasks.yaml

Then you can build the plugin.

2) Actually, this should not be the issue while creating plugins from
scratch using fpb tool itself [1]:

fpb --create test

root at 55725ffa6e80:~# tree test
test
|-- LICENSE
|-- README.md
|-- deployment_scripts
|   `-- deploy.sh
|-- environment_config.yaml
|-- metadata.yaml
|-- pre_build_hook
|-- repositories
|   |-- centos
|   `-- ubuntu
`-- tasks.yaml

[1]. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/fuel-plugin-builder/1.0.2

> Investigating the cinder-netapp plugin [1] (a 'certified' one) shows
> fuel-plugin-build error:
>
> (fuel)vagrant at ubuntu-14:/sources/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp$ fpb --build
> .
>

> Unexpected error
> Cannot find directories ./repositories/ubuntu for release
> "{'repository_path': 'repositories/ubuntu', 'version': '2014.2-6.0',
> 'os': 'ubuntu', 'mode': ['ha', 'multinode'], 'deployment_scripts_path':
> 'deployment_scripts/'}"
> (fuel)vagrant at ubuntu-14:/sources/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp$ ls
> deployment_scripts  environment_config.yaml  LICENSE  metadata.yaml
> pre_build_hook  README.md  tasks.yaml
> (fuel)vagrant at ubuntu-14:/sources/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp$ ag
> 'repositories'
> metadata.yaml
> 18:    repository_path: repositories/ubuntu
> 23:    repository_path: repositories/centos
>
> Apparently some files are missing from the git repo or the manifest is
> incorrect. Does anyone know something about this?
>
> P.
>
> [1] https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp
>
> On 04/01/2015 03:48 PM, Przemyslaw Kaminski wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been investigating bug [1] concentrating on the
> > fuel-plugin-external-glusterfs.
> >
> > First of all: [2] there are no core reviewers for Gerrit for this repo
> > so even if there was a patch to fix [1] no one could merge it. I saw
> > also fuel-plugin-external-nfs -- same issue, haven't checked other
> > repos. Why is this? Can we fix this quickly?
> >
> > Second, the plugin throws:
> >
> > DEPRECATION WARNING: The plugin has old 1.0 package format, this format
> > does not support many features, such as plugins updates, find plugin in
> > new format or migrate and rebuild this one.
> >
> > I don't think this is appropriate for a plugin that is listed in the
> > official catalog [3].
> >
> > Third, I created a supposed fix for this bug [4] and wanted to test it
> > with the fuel-qa scripts. Basically I built an .fp file with
> > fuel-plugin-builder from that code, set the GLUSTER_PLUGIN_PATH variable
> > to point to that .fp file and then ran the
> > group=deploy_ha_one_controller_glusterfs tests. The test failed [5].
> > Then I reverted the changes from the patch and the test still failed
> > [6]. But installing the plugin by hand shows that it's available there
> > so I don't know if it's broken plugin test or am I still missing
> something.
> >
> > It would be nice to get some QA help here.

> [...]

Sergey
DevOps Engineer
IRC: SergK
Skype: Sergey_kul