[openstack-dev] Thoughts on OpenStack Layers and a Big Tent model

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 19 10:33:41 UTC 2014

Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> Great writeup. I think there are some great concrete suggestions here.
>
> A couple more:
>
> 1. I think we need a better name for Layer #1 that actually represents what the goal of it is: Infrastructure Services?
> 2. We need to be be open to having other Layer #1s within the community. We should allow for similar collaborations and group focus to grow up as well. Storage Services? Platform Services? Computation Services?

I think that would nullify most of the benefits of Monty's proposal. If
we keep on blessing "themes" or special groups, we'll soon be back at
step 0, with projects banging on the TC door to become special, and
companies not allocating resources to anything that's not special.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)