[openstack-dev] Thoughts on OpenStack Layers and a Big Tent model

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:41:52 UTC 2014

Great writeup. I think there are some great concrete suggestions here.

A couple more:

1. I think we need a better name for Layer #1 that actually represents what the goal of it is: Infrastructure Services?
2. We need to be be open to having other Layer #1s within the community. We should allow for similar collaborations and group focus to grow up as well. Storage Services? Platform Services? Computation Services?

Vish