[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Zaqar and SQS Properties of Distributed Queues

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 19 09:00:10 UTC 2014

Joe Gordon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Devananda van der Veen
> <devananda.vdv at gmail.com <mailto:devananda.vdv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     - guaranteed message order
>>     - not distributing work across a configurable number of back ends
>>
>>     These are scale-limiting design choices which are reflected in the
>>     API's characteristics.
>
> I agree with Clint and Devananda

The underlying question being... can Zaqar evolve to ultimately reach
the massive scale use case Joe, Clint and Devananda want it to reach, or
are those design choices so deeply rooted in the code and architecture
that Zaqar won't naturally mutate to support that use case.

The Zaqar team has shown great willingness to adapt in order to support
more use cases, but I guess there may be architectural design choices
that would just mean starting over ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)