[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Documentation Process changed

Sergii Golovatiuk sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 8 13:34:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Fuel Summit '2014 we discussed our Documentation process. According to
follow up we aligned it to OpenStack 'DocImpact' process. The new process
has been tested on background by me and Bogdan Dobrelya. Today, I have
updated Fuel Documentation Process
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Documentation> so
we are making it official.

Why?
Developer perspective:
It gives more flexibility for the developers to participate in
Documentation Process. Every time when the Reviewer sees that patch
requires Documentation update, it may ask the Commiter to update 'Commit
Message' with DocImpact message. Once patch passes the review Openstack
Infra will trigger a new bug in Launchpad that should be assigned to Fuel
Documentation team.

>From Fuel Documentation Team perspective:
When Fuel Documentation Team sees this bug they know who was the commiter
and reviewers and whom they should add for documentation review.

Community:
Community member may ask the developer to put 'DocImpact' message when it's
required.

--
Best regards,
Sergii Golovatiuk,