[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Documentation Process changed

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 8 17:52:31 UTC 2014

Very good improvement in our documentation process.

Is there a way to configure it, so bugs would be created with tag "docs"
automatically? It would simplify triaging process I believe.
>From the other hand, as far as I understand, up to 80% of commits with
"DocImpact" will impact development documentation (or it's intended to be
affecting only user documentation?). It would be hard for tech writers, who
are mostly specialized in Fuel user docs, to work on low-level details of
how, let's say, l23network [1] works.
Do we want to separate docs bugs somehow, user/dev?

In other words, what would be the flow, who becomes responsible for fixing
bugs created automatically by Infra?

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-library/tree/master/deployment/puppet/l23network

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Sergii Golovatiuk <sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fuel Summit '2014 we discussed our Documentation process. According to
> follow up we aligned it to OpenStack 'DocImpact' process. The new process
> has been tested on background by me and Bogdan Dobrelya. Today, I have
> updated Fuel Documentation Process
> <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Documentation> so
> we are making it official.
>
> Why?
> Developer perspective:
> It gives more flexibility for the developers to participate in
> Documentation Process. Every time when the Reviewer sees that patch
> requires Documentation update, it may ask the Commiter to update 'Commit
> Message' with DocImpact message. Once patch passes the review Openstack
> Infra will trigger a new bug in Launchpad that should be assigned to Fuel
> Documentation team.
>
> From Fuel Documentation Team perspective:
> When Fuel Documentation Team sees this bug they know who was the commiter
> and reviewers and whom they should add for documentation review.
>
> Community:
> Community member may ask the developer to put 'DocImpact' message when
> it's required.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Sergii Golovatiuk,