[openstack-dev] [Heat] Online midcycle meetup

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 19 23:54:48 UTC 2014

Hi all

As agreed from our weekly meeting we are going to try an online meetup.

Why?

We did a poll (https://doodle.com/b9m4bf8hvm3mna97#table) and it is
split quite evenly by location. The story I am getting from the community
is:

"We want a midcycle meetup if it is nearby, but are having trouble getting
finance
to travel far."

Given that the Heat community is evenly spread across the globe this becomes
impossible to hold without excluding a significant group.

So let's try and figure out how to do an online meetup!
(but let's not spend 99% of the time arguing about the software to use
please)

I think more interesting is:

1) How do we minimize the time zone pain?
2) Can we make each session really focused so we are productive.
3) If we do this right it does not have to be "midcycle" but when ever we
want.

I'd be interested in feedback from others that have tried this too.

-Angus