[openstack-dev] [oslo] preparing oslo.i18n for graduation

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri May 2 13:54:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:
> On 04/29/2014 02:48 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>
>> I have exported the gettextutils code and related files to a new git
>> repository, ready to be imported as oslo.i18n. Please take a few
>> minutes to look over the files and give it a sanity check.
>>
>> https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo.i18n
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Doug
>

> No functional issues, just a few cleanups:
>
> Would be nice to fix up:
> https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo.i18n/blob/master/tests/fakes.py#L17
>
> Also:
> https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo.i18n/blob/master/oslo/i18n/gettextutils.py#L22

I'll note both of those as cleanups to make after the import is done.

> Are we leaving the globals in
> https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo.i18n/blob/master/oslo/i18n/gettextutils.py#L118
> until the integration modules are done?

Yes. I need to re-think how the lazy triggering works. I have it as an
argument to the factory constructor now, but that means an app needs
to know about every factory in every library and update them all
correctly. We probably still need the USE_LAZY global, and the
function that enables the behavior, so the functions can check the
flag when they are called instead. So that's rolling back some of the
changes already made, and I would rather do all of that under the
normal review process.

> That's all I noticed looking through the repo.  None of it's a big deal (we
> can fix it all after import if necessary) and the unit tests are passing
> locally for me.

Good. I think that's 2 reviews, so I'll let infra know we're ready to
import and then I can work on the cleanup changes under gerrit.

Doug