[openstack-dev] [Nova] Updates to Juno blueprint review process

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 08:30:55 UTC 2014

On 03/25/2014 12:01 AM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 09:20 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Another critical point of clarification ... we are *not* moving out of
>> blueprints at all.  We're still using them for tracking, just as before.
>>  We are *adding* the use of gerrit for reviewing the design.
>
> That changes things, thank you for the clarification. If I understand
> correctly, pages like
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HowToContribute#Feature_development will
> still be valid at pointing at Launchpad Blueprints as the tool we use
> for the design, roadmap, tracking of progress. What changes is that for
> Nova all blueprints will have to have a URL added to the specifications,
> filed in a gerrit repository.

Correct.

> I can live with that, even though I personally think this is a horrible
> hack and a major tech debt we need to solve properly in the shortest
> amount of time.

I really don't see why this is so bad.  We're using a tool specifically
designed for reviewing things that is already working *really* well, not
just for code, but also for TC governance documents.

Unless Storyboard plans to re-implement what gerrit does (I sure hope it
doesn't), I expect we would keep working like this.  Do you expect
storyboard to have an interface for iterating on text documents, where
you can provide inline comments, review differences between revisions,
etc?  What am I missing?

--
Russell Bryant