[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Generate Event or Notification in Ceilometer

Duan, Li-Gong (Gary@HPServers-Core-OE-PSC) li-gong.duan at hp.com
Tue Jul 29 09:05:23 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

Are there any guide or examples to show how to produce a new event or notification add add a handler for this event in ceilometer?

I am asked to implement OpenStack service monitoring which will send an event and trigger the handler once a service, say nova-compute, crashes, in a short time. :(
The link (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/events.html) does a good job on the explanation of concept and hence I know that I need to emit notification to message queue and ceilometer-collector will process them and generate events but it is far from real implementations.

Regards,
Gary