[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Support for multiple provider networks with same VLAN segmentation id

Vinay Bannai vbannai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:20:51 UTC 2014

One way to look at the VLANs is that it identifies a security zone that
meets some regulatory compliance standards. The VLANs on each rack are
separated from other VLANs by using VRF. Tenants in our case map to
applications. So each application is served by a VIP with a pool of VMs. So
all applications needing regulatory compliance would map to this VLAN. Make
sense?

As far your question about keeping mac_addresses unique, isn't that
achieved by the fact that each VM will have a unique mac since it is the
same control plane allocating the mac address? Or did I miss something??

Vinay

Vinay Bannai
Email: vbannai at gmail.com
Google Voice: 415 938 7576