[openstack-dev] [diskimage-builder] Tracing levels for scripts (119023)

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Wed Dec 3 10:47:30 UTC 2014

Hi

I am very sympathetic to this view. We have a patch in hand that improves the situation. We also have disagreement about the ideal situation.

I +2'd Ian's patch because it makes things work better than they do now. If we can arrive at an ideal solution later, great, but the more I think about logging from a multitude of bash scripts, and tricks like XTRACE_FD, the more I think it's crazy and we should just incrementally improve the non-trace logging as a separate exercise, leaving working tracing for true debugging situations.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones