[openstack-dev] [Congress] Help in understanding API Flow

Peter Balland pballand at vmware.com
Thu Aug 14 23:17:04 UTC 2014

Hi Madhu,

If you are trying to expose data from a new service, you need to add a new data-source driver (examples from nova and neutron are in the tree.)  Once a data-source driver is registered, data from the data source will be exposed through the API automatically, and you will also be able to write policy based on the data.  (Note that using the current code in master your data source will not be activated until it is referenced by a policy - a commit is in flight to change that, however.)

If, instead, you are trying to expose non datasource data in the API, it would involve implementing the DataModel interface (see api/webservice.py) and binding it to a URI and handler in congress_server.py.  If this is what you want to do, please provide more details on what you are exposing and I can walk you through it.

- Peter