[openstack-dev] [heat] computed package names?

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Apr 16 16:24:48 UTC 2014

Different distro's move the binaries and services too. ubuntu/debian does:
/usr/sbin/apache2, not httpd. The service is also named apache2, not httpd.

So, I think distro specific sets of packages are somewhat unavoidable.

Now, this use case might be a good case for supporting:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/intrinsics
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/aws-novalue

Amazon finally caved in and implemented these. I think heat needs them too.

Is it possible to implement those with the new plugin function framework? If so, I might be willing to take a stab at it if I can find a bit of time.

Thanks,
Kevin