[openstack-dev] [heat] computed package names?

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 15:48:07 UTC 2014

Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote on 04/16/2014 11:39:56 AM:

> In any event, though, my impression is that we are trying to get out of
> the cfn-init business as much as possible and leave the task to some
> combination of custom images, software config and configuration
> management. Hopefully someone will correct me if that impression is
> inaccurate...

The circle is now complete.

I set out to exercise the new software config work.  I decided I would try
to write software components and deployments to accomplish what is done in
one of the templates found in heat-templates.  I wanted to try a
two-server WordPress example.  I wanted to test the existing template.  I
found they were all using outdated images.  I thought I would update an
existing template --- which already appeared to allow a choice between
many operating system releases --- to add support for something recent.

I sent some questions about images under separate cover.  Answers to those
would break today's circle.

Thanks,
Mike