[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Code merge policy

Dmitry Pyzhov dpyzhov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 15 11:49:51 UTC 2014

Guys,

We have big and complicated structure of the project. And part of our
patchsets require additional actions before merge. Sometimes we need
approve from testers, sometimes we need merge requests in several repos at
the same time, sometimes we need updates of rpm repositories before merge.

We have informal rule: invite all the required persons to the review. And
core reviewer does not merge code if part of +1's are missed. Sad, but this
rule is not obvious.

This informal rule became even more strict when we need update of rpm/deb
repositories, because OSCI changes should be accomplished right before
merge. For such reviews we ask OSCI team to do changes, checks and merge.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86001/ This particular request requires
check of our 4.1.1 rpm/deb repositories status. Thats why Roman Vyalov is
added as reviewer.

I don't like over-bureaucracy. My suggestion is simple: take into account
reviewers status and do not merge if unsure.