[openstack-dev] [savanna] scalable architecture

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 31 17:39:03 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

thanks for your comments.

We are considering to use Heat as infrastructure provisioning for future iterations. You are right, now we have basic working version of Savanna, but it’s only the provisioning part that is the base for the main goal - implement Elastic Data Processing that isn’t connected to infrastructure provisioning and requires long-running tasks executions and potentially complex workflows. Current team bandwidth doesn’t allow us to contribute into Heat, but I hope that we’ll be able to investigate it better and start contributing missed features step by step. We are planning to spend some time investigating Heat status as soon as have some of the bandwidth free up or somebody new will join Savanna willing to contribute in this direction.

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Lukjanov
Savanna Technical Lead
Mirantis Inc.