[openstack-dev] cells checks on patches

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Sat Jul 13 14:50:10 UTC 2013

> Currently cells can even get past devstack exercises, which are very
> minor sanity checks for the environment (nothing tricky).

I thought that the plan was to deprecate the devstack exercises and
just use tempest. Is that not the case? I'd bet that the devstack
exercises are just not even on anyone's radar. Since the excellent work
you QA folks did to harden those tests before grizzly, I expect most
people take them for granted now :)

Digging into the logs just a bit, I see what looks like early failures
related to missing security group issues in the cells manager log. I
know there are some specific requirements in how things have to be set
up for cells, so I think it's likely that we'll need to do some
tweaking of configs to get all of this right.

We enabled the test knowing that it wasn't going to pass for a while,
and it's only been running for less than 24 hours. In the same way that
the grenade job had (until recently) been failing on everything, the
point of enabling the cells test now is so that we can start iterating
on fixes so that we can hopefully have some amount of regular test
coverage before havana.

--Dan