[openstack-dev] Horizon and Tuskar-UI codebase merge

Jiri Tomasek jtomasek at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 11:40:00 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 08:58 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 12/18/2013 10:33 PM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
>
>> Adding developers to Horizon Core just for the purpose of reviewing
>> an incubated umbrella project is not the right way to do things at
>> all.  If my proposal of two separate groups having the +2 power in
>> Gerrit isn't technically feasible then a new group should be created
>> for management of umbrella projects.
> Yes, I totally agree.
>
> Having two separate projects with separate cores should be possible
> under the umbrella of a program.
>
> Tuskar differs somewhat from other projects to be included in horizon,
> because other projects contributed a view on their specific feature.
> Tuskar provides an additional dashboard and is talking with several apis
> below. It's a something like a separate dashboard to be merged here.
>
> When having both under the horizon program umbrella, my concern is, that
> both projects wouldn't be coupled so tight, as I would like it.
>
> Esp. I'd love to see an automatic merge of horizon commits to a
> (combined) tuskar and horizon repository, thus making sure, tuskar will
> work in a fresh (updated) horizon environment.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is not an issue.
Currently Tuskar-UI is run from Horizon fork. In local Horizon fork we
create symlink to tuskar-ui local clone and to run Horizon with
Tuskar-UI we simply start Horizon server. This means that Tuskar-UI runs
on latest version of Horizon. (If you pull regularly of course).