[openstack-dev] Horizon and Tuskar-UI codebase merge

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 07:58:28 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 10:33 PM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:

> Adding developers to Horizon Core just for the purpose of reviewing
> an incubated umbrella project is not the right way to do things at
> all.  If my proposal of two separate groups having the +2 power in
> Gerrit isn't technically feasible then a new group should be created
> for management of umbrella projects.

Yes, I totally agree.

Having two separate projects with separate cores should be possible
under the umbrella of a program.

Tuskar differs somewhat from other projects to be included in horizon,
because other projects contributed a view on their specific feature.
Tuskar provides an additional dashboard and is talking with several apis
below. It's a something like a separate dashboard to be merged here.

When having both under the horizon program umbrella, my concern is, that
both projects wouldn't be coupled so tight, as I would like it.

Esp. I'd love to see an automatic merge of horizon commits to a
(combined) tuskar and horizon repository, thus making sure, tuskar will
work in a fresh (updated) horizon environment.

Matthias