[openstack-dev] making the dev toolchain easier to bring together

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Nov 14 02:55:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Juergen Brendel (jbrendel)
<jbrendel at cisco.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Getting the system setup to the point where you are able to run the unit tests is much less involved than a full deployment. We have written up (in-house) a pretty easy to follow set of instructions on how to do that for Quantum unit tests and it turns out to be quite straight forward, something you can just follow and 5 minutes later it's all done.
>
> Not sure that it's worth it to re-factor the devstack scripts, since it is so much simpler.
>
> Putting the necessary instructions on a wiki page would be a great start, for example.

Funny you should mention that :) I've updated the existing
documentation here - http://wiki.openstack.org/DependsOnUbuntu - to be
up to date, but its still subject to skew, and will always be so
unless we make it automatable and repeatable - at which point we can
throw a non-gate CI job at it to detect skew and keep it happy.

-Rob
--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist