[openstack-dev] making the dev toolchain easier to bring together

Juergen Brendel (jbrendel) jbrendel at cisco.com
Wed Nov 14 01:57:24 UTC 2012

Hello!

Getting the system setup to the point where you are able to run the unit tests is much less involved than a full deployment. We have written up (in-house) a pretty easy to follow set of instructions on how to do that for Quantum unit tests and it turns out to be quite straight forward, something you can just follow and 5 minutes later it's all done.

Not sure that it's worth it to re-factor the devstack scripts, since it is so much simpler.

Putting the necessary instructions on a wiki page would be a great start, for example.

Juergen