[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Thu Nov 8 15:21:40 UTC 2012

Monty, thanks for sharing this point of view. Competition is a
double-edged sword for users, both end users
and deployers using OpenStack APIs to deliver their services.
When competition is about better implementations of a standard API, it
is great for users.
When competition means users choosing between different APIs that fill
the same important cloud infrastructure
purpose, it is horrible for users and fragmenting. While it would be bad
for the OpenStack board and TC to choose
between competing projects too early, at some point I believe a choice
must be made in order for the
project as a whole to maintain its coherency and greatness compared to
other competitors.

  -David