[User-committee] app dev on-boarding experience report

Bonell Manjarrez, Marcela marcela.bonell.manjarrez at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 23:34:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I finally completed the developer experience report!
The updated version include OVH public cloud, so now for OpenStack we have RAX and OVH against AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.

The FirstApp was deployed successfully over OVH using shade, libcloud also fails the same way it does in RAX (nova-network).
One of the most interesting things about using OVH public cloud is that it provides its own Cloud Control Panel (which is very interactive) and it also provides Horizon.

Please take a look in the v3 version:
[Report] https://drive.google.com/open?id=19AgySEkzzYihlAh4MCNmRcqQEHvbTctBDfRnMuITPds
[Script to reproduce] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vlwQaQyIcXwdJEaEGqbAvdGkilkiFmlHMCfIMqULG9Y

I will talk about this cloud comparison in Austin ;)
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/7057

Thanks Christopher for the OVH account, it gave me the opportunity to complete the report :)

Marcela Bonell.