[User-committee] [App] proposal for a "OpenStack Application Tutorial" application

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Mon Feb 16 09:38:14 UTC 2015

As discussed in the latest meeting and already started by Tom in
https://github.com/fifieldt/openstack-firstapp I continued to work on a
simple tutorial application and now I am nearly finished with a basic
version (available at
https://github.com/berendt/openstack-application-tutorial).

It is a simple producer / worker application with an additional tracker
using RabbitMQ and MySQL.

The worker generates a lot of CPU load and a lot of files and it is
possible to run several workers and producers.

The workflow is described in detail at
https://github.com/berendt/openstack-application-tutorial#workflow.

Please have a look at the application and let us discuss if this is the
right approach. I think it is possible to demonstrate every component of
OpenStack with this application (including upcoming components like Manila).

If you like this approach I think it is the best to move the application
to Stackforge to be able to use the common workflows to improve the
application.

Christian.