[User-committee] User Committee Meeting Monday

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Sun Dec 13 21:54:06 UTC 2015

This analysis and followup you describe is the normal approach to an NPS
survey, although I'm not sure whether we (in the broadest sense) can ask
questions of particular respondents directly. Questions may have to be
routed through the Foundation for privacy reasons. I don't see that
responding to the verbatim responses and analysing the NPS score are
mutually exclusive, particularly since we have to outsource the analysis,
and it does not distract us in the slightest.

The analysis I've requested is to attempt to draw correlations between
high/low/medium scores and other factors. As you point out, it could be
particular vendors (or in fact use of any vendor) that is driving a scores
higher or lower. It could also be any number of other things.

Whilst we do have heaps of anecdotal evidence that can guide us, one thing
anecdotal evidence isn't good for is identifying trends and progress over
time. In any NPS driven program it is critical to listen to the verbatim
comments as they can provide important direction. The NPS data also
provides useful information when combined with other correlated data, or if
the NPS queries are performed after specific interactions (which is
something we might want to look at in the medium term).

In summary: analysis of the performance of OpenStack needs to be both
qualitative and quantitative.

*Roland Chan*
*Aptira - Asia Pacific’s leading provider of OpenStack*
Direct/mobile: +61 4 28 28 48 58
General enquiries: +61 2 8030 2333
Australia toll free: 1800 APTIRA
Website aptira.com