[User-committee] Recent user survey help

Frank Days frank.days at tesora.com
Thu Dec 3 22:13:42 UTC 2015

I am doing some internal marketing research and find that this report is really helpful.  It keep s getting better each time.  Kudos to the authors.

I had a couple of basic questions about some of the data.

1. Total OpenStack universe - At recent Summits, recall hearing numbers north of 1,000 for the total number of OpenStack clouds but can not find this datapoint anywhere.  Was this extrapolated from the survey or actual user data? The actual number would be great.

2. Part four - Deployments.  On the first graph, "which projects….”  Can a user only be production or test/dev?  I wonder if some users could have multiple clouds with some in production and some in test/dev.  Am I reading this incorrectly?

3.  Part 6 cloud size - Is it possible to get a mean and/or median for the number of total number of cores or nodes? I understand that a small number of big users will skew the mean but I can live with that if I have a median too.

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this.

Frank Days

ps In a perfect world, it would be great to have access to the raw data but from reading older threads, I understand that this is not available at the moment.

Frank Days | VP, Marketing

Direct: +1.978.707.8010 ext. 1017
frank.days at tesora.com<mailto:frank.days at tesora.com> | @tangyslice | Skype: fmdays
125 CambridgePark Drive, Suite 400, Cambridge, MA 02140