[User-committee] [app] notes about 'welcome package' to new users of other clouds

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Dec 2 00:02:29 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

following up on a task I took on my todo list, I have put together the
notes on my personal journey as a new customer of: Google Compute,
Amazon WS, Azure. In the past months I have signed up on all of these
services to see how they welcome new users.

Google offered by far the best experience in many ways with its "Compute
Engine Quickstart" tutorial accessible from within the Developer Console
(their version of Horizon). Here are my very brief notes:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XO5oAYcjHZqrer50u3x_1P39s-1wU16G7aH88Ijnaqc/edit#

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow, we can
keep the conversation going on the list.

/stef