[User-committee] Weekly community newsletter - deployment news

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Sun Apr 21 19:16:40 UTC 2013

On Sat 20 Apr 2013 06:32:23 PM PDT, Everett Toews wrote:
> In the near future, I can see such a section largely consisting of new
> deployments. But over time the number of new deployments will flatten
> whereas the applications built by developers on top of OpenStack will
> continue sky rocket. In the intermediate future, the section would
> transition to being more about developers.

Let's think about how to capture this information because if we're not
aware of who's developing on OpenStack we can't do much for the
newsletter :)

It's far easier to collect news regarding OpenStack developers because
that community has  incentive to talk about their work and they have
established channels (personal blogs, code review system, weekly
meetings, etc). For users I don't think there a clear incentive to
declare they're using OpenStack (if they used something else it would
be the same) so probably we need to build systems/processes that will
give them incentive to be visible on our side.

We have the User Stories section of openstack.org and the survey: what
else can make users happy to share their stories with us?

/stef