[Openstack-track-chairs] [OpenStack-track-chair] Cloud Application Development Track future improvements

Denys Makogon Denys at gigaspaces.com
Sat Feb 6 12:36:58 UTC 2016

Hello to All.

Right now we're in the middle of doing a reviews for submissions.

And here's what i see - current track consists of mostly from talks about how to deploy apps within OpenStack.

I tend to agree that deployment is really significant part of application lifecycle.

But when i hear word development i think of designing application by use of 12-factor, micro-services,

planning backend layer using OpenStack services. In short - doing architectural decisions taking into

account all aspects of running application/services in clouds.

So, here's my suggestion for next summits - split Cloud Application Development in two tracks,

one for application architecture decisions (story of success, case studies, etc.)

and application deployment track  in order to let speakers decide wisely where their submission fits better.

Note, this thought are mine, so i more than open for discussions. I just want to make an outcome of talks more solid,

more concentrated for attendees.

Kind regards,

Denys Makogon