[Openstack-track-chairs] Call for Speakers Feedback, Next Steps

Shamail itzshamail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:06:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I also like some of the suggestions made by Duncan (the additional questions and limiting the track-chair role to 3 consecutive summits) and Niki (changing max submissions to 3 instead of 5).

Beyond this, I'd like to bring up an idea to have a track chair team structure... I'd like to see a mix where each team has 1 operator, 1 developer, 1 working group/user committee member, and 1 additional person that can be from any role in the community (including the ones I specified).  This will ensure we have a broad-set of audience types represented when making selections.

I also agree with deadlines for trading sessions between tracks.  The track chair tool also could do a better job of indicating when a session that was submitted for a move doesn't actually move.  Some of the sessions get overlooked since people are expecting them to move but then they never get moved.

For submissions, should we try enforcing that all sessions must have people from at least two organizations?  This might itself help with product pitches.

Any questions we can ask that show prior experience would be great (links to past speaking engagements, slides, etc.)

Thanks,
Shamail