[openstack-tc] Joint Board/TC/UC meeting around PTG

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:23:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> My preference is either Sunday or sometime separate for the following
> reasons.

[...]
> Secondly, even if that wasn't a concern, we're talking about a meeting
> that we think is critical, being put at the end of 5 days of intense
> design conversation. I remember exactly how jelly my brain gets at the
[...]

I agree this is a critical meeting and that is what sticks out to me
now.  From a pure scheduling point Friday seems like the least impact,
but I think considering the topics at hand we all need to be fresh,
and present, to discuss this stuff.

I'll be in ATL Sunday anyway, I would only have to get their earlier
to make an afternoon meeting.  I also realize that not even everyone
in the US is going to be able to do that, much less from everywhere
else.  Would an evening earlier in the week (before the evenings are a
required break) be an option?  The board can have their regular
meeting in the afternoon, we can meet with them in the evening, when
things are not officially scheduled, although I know teams will likely
be doing stuff.

As I said above, I think this is important enough to not schedule it
against anything else.  And I echo the concerns about board members
also not being present.  I've watched the pattern for a while now of
who leaves the joint meetings because $REASONS, and especially since
this particular time is at their request I would expect the same sort
of respect we give them by appending to their schedule at Summit time.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com