[openstack-tc] Joint Board/TC/UC meeting around PTG

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Dec 14 14:30:59 UTC 2016

> On Dec 14, 2016, at 6:19 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>
> 1/ Propose Sunday afternoon instead
>
> 2/ Propose a virtual meeting instead
>
> 3/ Propose a separate meeting instead

As much as I dislike adding to the travel requirements, I think I’d rather schedule it separately instead of trying to fit it into the PTG schedule at this point for all the reasons others have already mentioned. Attaching to a shorter event like an OpenStack days event or even a more generally focused conference will mean all of us are fresher and less distracted.

Given the experiences I’ve had attending the Board’s phone-based meetings, I can’t imagine any scenario in which adding more people who want to talk on a similar call is going to result in a fruitful conversation for a topic this complex. I mean, we have enough trouble fitting everyone in when we meet in person at summits. I would take the virtual option off the table entirely for this case, unfortunately.

That said, I hope we’ll be able to see some written positions before we arrive at the meeting, so we don’t spend the entire time laying the foundation.

My preferences, in order: 3, 1, Friday.

Doug