[Openstack-personas] Goals for Personas

Jenny Mahmoudi jenny at puppetlabs.com
Fri Jan 10 23:07:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Dave Neary <dneary at redhat.com> wrote:

> I would say if we end up with 6-8 total, with each group using them
>  targeting 3-4 as their primary focus, we're doing well. The docs folks
> and PTLs won't care about the same people, nor will the marketing &
> bizdev folks care about the same people as the UX designers.

I think it's worth separating out buyer personas (for marketing & biz dev)
from user personas (arguably for UX, PTLs and docs). Buyers *might* be the
same people as the users, but typically in enterprise they're separate.

I think for the first iteration we should focus on either user personas or
buyer personas. Where is the greater need? Are there people from those
groups who we can engage in the process?

Thanks,
Jenny