[Openstack-personas] Goals for Personas

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 10 23:38:28 UTC 2014

On 1/10/2014 6:07 PM, Jenny Mahmoudi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Dave Neary <dneary at redhat.com
> <mailto:dneary at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
> I think it's worth separating out buyer personas (for marketing & biz
> dev) from user personas (arguably for UX, PTLs and docs). Buyers *might*
> be the same people as the users, but typically in enterprise they're
> separate.
>
> I think for the first iteration we should focus on either user personas
> or buyer personas. Where is the greater need? Are there people from
> those groups who we can engage in the process?

I think if we're going to going to focus on one or the other, we should
focus on user personas, because the community definitely needs them for
the UX effort, as well as for docs.  I'm not saying that marketing and
biz dev aren't important -- frankly, those are the ones that will be
most useful to me in my day job :) -- but I think we need community
buy-in for the overall effort, and for that we need to show that the
personas themselves are directly useful.

----  Nick